THE PEOPLE’S TRUST AND THE GIFT ECONOMY

The People’s Trust is a Bristol based, non profit organisation set up to help people who support what is known as the ‘gift economy’ in the housing market.

Through donations and money they have raised, The People’s Trust will acquire property and charge rents to 90% of tenants, allowing the remaining 10% to have rent free accommodation and use their monetary freedom to contribute to society in whatever way they see fit.

The aim is that over time, the 10% can grow and with the expansion, the dependency on profit driven banks, landlords and property companies will diminish.

If you’re interested in what The People’s Trust stand for, what they hope to achieve or would like to support them, have a look at their website.

Leave A Comment